I heard water once covered the Sahara,
That its pitiful plains were filled with impala,
But time and season did draw them apart.
Save apocalypse, what can unite the ocean and the desert?
Presently I am here, and of you there is not a trace
At night, I resort to sleep for there I see your face
My days are like the desert, dry and yawning wilderness
Awaiting the rain of your presence absent princess
I would cause an apocalypse
To hear again the soothing symphony from your lips.
Time and season is not a strong enough reason,
Neither distance rational enough prison,
To keep us from being together,
No, no milady, my yearning to be with you is not for a while, it is for ever.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poesis by Oke Christopher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki