I heard water once covered the Sahara,
That its pitiful plains were filled with impala,
But time and season did draw them apart.
Save apocalypse, what can unite the ocean and the desert?
Presently I am here, and of you there is not a trace
At night, I resort to sleep for there I see your face
My days are like the desert, dry and yawning wilderness
Awaiting the rain of your presence absent princess
I would cause an apocalypse
To hear again the soothing symphony from your lips.
Time and season is not a strong enough reason,
Neither distance rational enough prison,
To keep us from being together,
No, no milady, my yearning to be with you is not for a while, it is for ever.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poesis by Oke Christopher )
- I Quit, Fame, May Wang
- Companion, Naveed Khalid
- Melancholy, Naveed Khalid
- More Than I Ask, Susan Lacovara
- We poets cultivate insanity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Plato's Dialogue, Naveed Khalid
- Silence and Chaos, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- A Bridal Song, Naveed Khalid
- Mutability, Naveed Khalid
- Dirty Politics, Asit Kumar Sanyal