All mighty, all powerful, all knowing King
The One who has the key to celestial secrets and their springs
Who, who can stand before you in pride?
You, you who raise the humble to Your side
The God of all, without You, who can exist?
You, God of Melchizedek, the Father of our own High Priest.
I would dwell in Your presence but what of my skin of sin?
You alone art Holy, perfect, without Father or kin
Who is like unto thee?
Who will puff his chest and proclaim his name before thee?
Unworthy am I, lover of my soul
My worthiness is the bleach of coal
At the end it may please You to cast me to Sheol
But I am glad, I was one who did Your name extol.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Psalm by Oke Christopher )
- Ghazal - Qyamat Ho Gai Hay, Bano Ali
- Stand Up Witness Your Dream, Fatima Nusairat
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)