Battle Of Victor
I am in view of light,
In sight of peace
Quite within freedom
It is, within my grasp...
But a darkness follows me
Trailing the edges of my consciousness
It is bolder every fortnight
Stepping forward to contest my peace
Seeking to lead me to Abyss
Showing me the road I know
But would not take.
Often I scan through the corners of my eyes
Considering the secrets that darkness brings...
I resent its mockery of my will
I detest the weakness of my strength
Truly I hate that it ridicules my determination
Showing me delicacies I crave in my fast
Denying me the view of my goal in the distance.
Where shall I run? How shall I defeat my desire?
A battle it is against myself
Victory is dressed in cowardice,
And defeat in shame.
I am a fool if I ask to be hailed Czar by men
And cannot bear my own countenance in the mirror
Let alone my Father's hurt voice in the distance.
Yes I will ride, prepare the next challenge.
In this one, I declare me, Victor the Conqueror.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Battle Of Victor by Oke Christopher )
- Life is Nothing but Texture~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)