Battle Of Victor
I am in view of light,
In sight of peace
Quite within freedom
It is, within my grasp...
But a darkness follows me
Trailing the edges of my consciousness
It is bolder every fortnight
Stepping forward to contest my peace
Seeking to lead me to Abyss
Showing me the road I know
But would not take.
Often I scan through the corners of my eyes
Considering the secrets that darkness brings...
I resent its mockery of my will
I detest the weakness of my strength
Truly I hate that it ridicules my determination
Showing me delicacies I crave in my fast
Denying me the view of my goal in the distance.
Where shall I run? How shall I defeat my desire?
A battle it is against myself
Victory is dressed in cowardice,
And defeat in shame.
I am a fool if I ask to be hailed Czar by men
And cannot bear my own countenance in the mirror
Let alone my Father's hurt voice in the distance.
Yes I will ride, prepare the next challenge.
In this one, I declare me, Victor the Conqueror.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Battle Of Victor by Oke Christopher )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong