Battle Of Victor
I am in view of light,
In sight of peace
Quite within freedom
It is, within my grasp...
But a darkness follows me
Trailing the edges of my consciousness
It is bolder every fortnight
Stepping forward to contest my peace
Seeking to lead me to Abyss
Showing me the road I know
But would not take.
Often I scan through the corners of my eyes
Considering the secrets that darkness brings...
I resent its mockery of my will
I detest the weakness of my strength
Truly I hate that it ridicules my determination
Showing me delicacies I crave in my fast
Denying me the view of my goal in the distance.
Where shall I run? How shall I defeat my desire?
A battle it is against myself
Victory is dressed in cowardice,
And defeat in shame.
I am a fool if I ask to be hailed Czar by men
And cannot bear my own countenance in the mirror
Let alone my Father's hurt voice in the distance.
Yes I will ride, prepare the next challenge.
In this one, I declare me, Victor the Conqueror.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Battle Of Victor by Oke Christopher )
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery