Mirza Ghalib (27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869 / Agra / British India)
Ghooncha-e-nashiguftha ko dhoor se math dikha key yoon
Bosey ko poonchtha houn mein munh se muchey batha ki yoon
Don't stay afar pouting your lips at me like a rosebud;
I asked you for a kiss--let your lips answer my plea.
Poet Other Poems
- A Thousand Desires
- About My Poems
- Come that my soul has no repose
- Gilah Hai Shauq Ko
- He was, when it was aught
- Heart it is, Not a Brick or Stone
- I have seen almost all the possible Trou...
- I Will Not Cry
- In Her Every Indication
- Innocent heart
- It is not Love it is Madness
- Kiss Me
- Let the ascetics sing of the garden of P...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.