ITS TIME TO PUT MY PEN DOWN
There is no reason for how I feel right now,
There is no who, what, were, when, or how.
I just think it's time, time to take my leave
Time to put down my pen, in this I believe.
There is no reason, but there is a feeling in my heart,
I hate the way it hurts, unable to finish what I start.
Tears well up inside me and I cannot control their release,
I think it's time to set the pen down, and lay down in peace.
It's funny how I can express myself more easily in the written word,
But when I try to speak my mind, not a single word is heard.
Now it appears that even my writing have come to their end,
Time to put the pen down, no more writings I will send.
It hurts for me to write this, and my words bleed across the paper,
The ink will dry; the words will survive, but maybe not their creator
It's just time to set the pen down; it's time to rest my weary soul
My life has been hard and lonely, and it has taken a bitter toll.
I will not say if I will return, the future has its own desires,
We will see how my life is going, and what the world transpires
So it's time to set the pen down, it's time to let it go.
And if I decide to pick it up again, I will surely let you know
REB (MAY 2012) although I write for me, I wish more people read and understood my writings. I get the feeling sometimes that it's time to stop, that it's a waste of time. I don't know you tell me…
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ITS TIME TO PUT MY PEN DOWN by Rik Bertrand )
- The Beatles in Auckland, michael walker
- Gandhi, gajanan mishra
- Keep Up, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You, Jose Orozco
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 31 July 2014, Shri R Brahma
- It's October 1st. Did you pay your mortg.., Jena Crowe
- Princess Diana, Sonia Ode Lucci
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)