ITS TIME TO PUT MY PEN DOWN
There is no reason for how I feel right now,
There is no who, what, were, when, or how.
I just think it's time, time to take my leave
Time to put down my pen, in this I believe.
There is no reason, but there is a feeling in my heart,
I hate the way it hurts, unable to finish what I start.
Tears well up inside me and I cannot control their release,
I think it's time to set the pen down, and lay down in peace.
It's funny how I can express myself more easily in the written word,
But when I try to speak my mind, not a single word is heard.
Now it appears that even my writing have come to their end,
Time to put the pen down, no more writings I will send.
It hurts for me to write this, and my words bleed across the paper,
The ink will dry; the words will survive, but maybe not their creator
It's just time to set the pen down; it's time to rest my weary soul
My life has been hard and lonely, and it has taken a bitter toll.
I will not say if I will return, the future has its own desires,
We will see how my life is going, and what the world transpires
So it's time to set the pen down, it's time to let it go.
And if I decide to pick it up again, I will surely let you know
REB (MAY 2012) although I write for me, I wish more people read and understood my writings. I get the feeling sometimes that it's time to stop, that it's a waste of time. I don't know you tell me…
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ITS TIME TO PUT MY PEN DOWN by Rik Bertrand )
- Bottled and Guarded the Overberg Story, Jenny Santiago
- हमारा घर हमारा भारत, MIRTUNJAY KUMAR
- Lampost, Naveed Khalid
- Tablet Of Simurgh, Naveed Khalid
- My Chamber of the Great Escape, Jenny Santiago
- To The Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Where I want to be, Jenny Santiago
- Beehive, Naveed Khalid
- Purgatory, Naveed Khalid
- I seek, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Ballad of Gentleness, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)