ITS TIME TO PUT MY PEN DOWN
There is no reason for how I feel right now,
There is no who, what, were, when, or how.
I just think it's time, time to take my leave
Time to put down my pen, in this I believe.
There is no reason, but there is a feeling in my heart,
I hate the way it hurts, unable to finish what I start.
Tears well up inside me and I cannot control their release,
I think it's time to set the pen down, and lay down in peace.
It's funny how I can express myself more easily in the written word,
But when I try to speak my mind, not a single word is heard.
Now it appears that even my writing have come to their end,
Time to put the pen down, no more writings I will send.
It hurts for me to write this, and my words bleed across the paper,
The ink will dry; the words will survive, but maybe not their creator
It's just time to set the pen down; it's time to rest my weary soul
My life has been hard and lonely, and it has taken a bitter toll.
I will not say if I will return, the future has its own desires,
We will see how my life is going, and what the world transpires
So it's time to set the pen down, it's time to let it go.
And if I decide to pick it up again, I will surely let you know
REB (MAY 2012) although I write for me, I wish more people read and understood my writings. I get the feeling sometimes that it's time to stop, that it's a waste of time. I don't know you tell me…
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ITS TIME TO PUT MY PEN DOWN by Rik Bertrand )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
Poem of the Day
- Angw, Swrji Basumatary
- Brutality, gajanan mishra
- Blessings and mercy, hasmukh amathalal
- Manw..?, Swrji Basumatary
- She Came to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer