Emmanuel Arunee Mwanza
Is This How The World Should Be Like?
I am wondering if this is how the world should be like
I am inside my house yet I hear cries around
I am at school but it is just tears that I see
I ask myself, is this how the world should be like?
What is all this I hear and see?
Who are these people crying?
Breaking news I read about tears, hunger, poverty, deaths,
I see children cry, mothers in tears in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America
I am so concerned yet thousands of miles out
Is that how the world should be like?
I wonder how those in charge of arms feel
I wonder what those rapists think
It all confuses me as to why one could rape a baby child
Is that how people should live?
Is taking people’s lives a new game?
How about watching others suffer, is it funny?
Do you hear those cries or see those in tears?
Are you just the heartless walking dead?
Tell me if this is what the world should be like
Why is so hard to live in tolerance?
Why is it so hard to end the fighting?
Instead aid in improving the human life?
Then together we can live as one happy global village
For people are human and to love is what we are supposed to do
Emmanuel Arunee Mwanza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is This How The World Should Be Like? by Emmanuel Arunee Mwanza )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V
- When Angry, Leong Ming Loong
- Truth and conscience, gajanan mishra
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma