Emmanuel Arunee Mwanza
Is This How The World Should Be Like?
I am wondering if this is how the world should be like
I am inside my house yet I hear cries around
I am at school but it is just tears that I see
I ask myself, is this how the world should be like?
What is all this I hear and see?
Who are these people crying?
Breaking news I read about tears, hunger, poverty, deaths,
I see children cry, mothers in tears in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America
I am so concerned yet thousands of miles out
Is that how the world should be like?
I wonder how those in charge of arms feel
I wonder what those rapists think
It all confuses me as to why one could rape a baby child
Is that how people should live?
Is taking people’s lives a new game?
How about watching others suffer, is it funny?
Do you hear those cries or see those in tears?
Are you just the heartless walking dead?
Tell me if this is what the world should be like
Why is so hard to live in tolerance?
Why is it so hard to end the fighting?
Instead aid in improving the human life?
Then together we can live as one happy global village
For people are human and to love is what we are supposed to do
Emmanuel Arunee Mwanza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is This How The World Should Be Like? by Emmanuel Arunee Mwanza )
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
- Let us dream, hasmukh amathalal
- Iron Gates, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mental Illness, Angela K Brown
- The Unknown Person, Angela K Brown
- Austere Offices, Angela K Brown
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns