Emmanuel Arunee Mwanza
Is This How The World Should Be Like?
I am wondering if this is how the world should be like
I am inside my house yet I hear cries around
I am at school but it is just tears that I see
I ask myself, is this how the world should be like?
What is all this I hear and see?
Who are these people crying?
Breaking news I read about tears, hunger, poverty, deaths,
I see children cry, mothers in tears in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America
I am so concerned yet thousands of miles out
Is that how the world should be like?
I wonder how those in charge of arms feel
I wonder what those rapists think
It all confuses me as to why one could rape a baby child
Is that how people should live?
Is taking people’s lives a new game?
How about watching others suffer, is it funny?
Do you hear those cries or see those in tears?
Are you just the heartless walking dead?
Tell me if this is what the world should be like
Why is so hard to live in tolerance?
Why is it so hard to end the fighting?
Instead aid in improving the human life?
Then together we can live as one happy global village
For people are human and to love is what we are supposed to do
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is This How The World Should Be Like? by Emmanuel Arunee Mwanza )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Undiminished, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Finish This List Of Chores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Good circle, hasmukh amathalal
- Live with this moment, gajanan mishra
- The loss may be, hasmukh amathalal
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Leave It As That, Lawrence S. Pertillar