Rape Poems - Poems For Rape
Poems about rape. You can read the best rape poems. Browse through all rape poems.
From The Rape Of Lucrece - Poem by William Shakespeare
Her lily hand her rosy cheek lies under,
Cozening the pillow of a lawful kiss;
Who, therefore angry, seems to part in sunder,
Swelling on either side to want his bliss;
Between whose hills her head entombed is;
Where like a virtuous monument she lies,
To be admired of lewd unhallowed eyes.
Without the bed her other fair hand was,
On the green coverlet, whose perfect white
Showed like an April daisy on the grass,
With pearly sweat resembling dew of night.
Her eyes, like marigolds, had sheathed their light,
And canopied in darkness sweetly lay
Till they might open to adorn the day.
Her hair like golden threads played with her breath
O modest wantons, wanton modesty!
Showing life's triumph in the map of death,
And death's dim look in life's mortality.
Each in her sleep themselves so beautify
As if between them twain there were no strife,
But that life lived in death, and death in life.
Her breasts like ivory globes circled with blue,
A pair of maiden worlds unconquerèd,
Save of their lord no bearing yoke they knew,
And him by oath they truly honourèd.
These worlds in Tarquin new ambition bred,
Who like a foul usurper went about
From this fair throne to heave the owner out.
What could he see but mightily he noted?
What did he note but strongly he desired?
What he beheld, on that he firmly doted,
And in his will his willful eye he tired.
With more than admiration he admired
Her azure veins, her alabaster skin,
Her coral lips, her snow-white dimpled chin.
As the grim lion fawneth o'er his prey
Sharp hunger by the conquest satisfied,
So o'er this sleeping soul doth Tarquin stay,
His rage of lust by gazing qualified;
Slacked, not suppressed; for, standing by her side,
His eye, which late this mutiny restrains,
Unto a greater uproar tempts his veins.
And they, like straggling slaves for pillage fighting,
Obdurate vassals fell exploits effecting.
In bloody death and ravishment delighting,
Nor children's tears nor mothers' groans respecting,
Swell in their pride, the onset still expecting.
Anon his beating heart, alarum striking,
Gives the hot charge and bids them do their liking.
His drumming heart cheers up his burning eye,
His eye commends the leading to his hand;
His hand, as proud of such a dignity,
Smoking with pride, marched on to make his stand
On her bare breast, the heart of all her land,
Whose ranks of blue veins, as his hand did scale,
Left their round turrets destitute and pale.
They, mustering to the quiet cabinet
Where their dear governess and lady lies,
Do tell her she is dreadfully beset
And fright her with confusion of their cries.
She, much amazed, breaks ope her locked-up eyes,
Who, peeping forth this tumult to behold,
Are by his flaming torch dimmed and controlled.
Imagine her as one in dead of night
From forth dull sleep by dreadful fancy waking,
That thinks she hath beheld some ghastly sprite,
Whose grim aspect sets every joint a-shaking.
What terror ‘tis! but she, in worser taking,
From sleep disturbèd, heedfully doth view
The sight which makes supposèd terror true.
Wrapped and confounded in a thousand fears,
Like to a new-killed bird she trembling lies.
She dares not look; yet, winking, there appears
Quick-shifting antics ugly in her eyes.
Such shadows are the weak brain's forgeries,
Who, angry that the eyes fly from their lights,
In darkness daunts them with more dreadful sights.
His hand, that yet remains upon her breast
(Rude ram, to batter such an ivory wall!)
May feel her heart (poor citizen) distressed,
Wounding itself to death, rise up and fall,
Beating her bulk, that his hand shakes withal.
This moves in him more rage and lesser pity,
To make the breach and enter this sweet city.
Comments about From The Rape Of Lucrece by William Shakespeare
Poems About Rape
- 1. From The Rape Of Lucrece , William Shakespeare
- 2. The Rape Of Aurora , George Meredith
- 3. The Rape Of The Mist , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 4. Rape Poem , Marge Piercy
- 5. The Rape Of The Lock: Canto 1 , Alexander Pope
- 6. The Rape Of The Lock: Canto 2 , Alexander Pope
- 7. The Rape Of The Lock: Canto 3 , Alexander Pope
- 8. The Rape Of The Lock: Canto 4 , Alexander Pope
- 9. The Rape Of The Lock: Canto 5 , Alexander Pope
- 10. Rape , Patti Smith
- 11. The Phoenix Strangler , Chinedu Dike
- 12. Chaucer's Words To His Scrivener , Geoffrey Chaucer
- 13. ~ Mom By Default Rape ~ , MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- 14. ~ Cannibal Gives Walkover To Raper ~ [65.. , MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- 15. ~ Hey Perverted Delhiites Come On Rape M.. , MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- 16. ! I Will Rape Thee , Kyle Shield Hamp
- 17. Metamorphoses: Book The Fifth , Ovid
- 18. Depression , (De Va)
- 19. Rape , Andre Alvin Moore
- 20. ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Of Locks.. , Mamta Agarwal
- 21. Ausonius Lib. Epig. , Richard Lovelace
- 22. I Am With Terrorism , Nizar Qabbani
- 23. Cry With Shame , hasmukh amathalal
- 24. Rape , Anonymous Daughter
- 25. A Bad Poem For The Ages , William Jackson
- 26. I'Ll Never Forget , Amy Louise Kerswell
- 27. ' ' ' ' Odds Of Sods Tankas , Dónall Dempsey
- 28. Oral Sex , Ramona Thompson
- 29. ' ' ' ' ' A Conception Of Tankas , Dónall Dempsey
- 30. I Hate The Thought Of Hate Crimes , Joe Rosochacki
- 31. A New Born To Arrive , hasmukh amathalal
- 32. Oithona , James Macpherson
- 33. December , Jennifer Rondeau
- 34. The Man & The Beast , ramesh rai
- 35. Horrified Tale , hasmukh amathalal
- 36. /// Humor ***** Judge The Suspect , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 37. A Secret , Silence Dogood
- 38. ...A Rape Is A Rape! , indira babbellapati
- 39. I'Ll Never Forget , Amy Kerswell
- 40. White Flag , Stefanie Fontker
- 41. A Battle Of Virtue , Stefanie Fontker
- 42. All That Is Gold , Stefanie Fontker
- 43. Rape, Rape And Rape-2 , Shashikant Nishant Sharma
- 44. (2.4) Rape For Hire , Karl Stuart Kline
- 45. Quiet Dream , Liza Sud
- 46. What Is Written On My Palm , Asif Andalib
- 47. Abuse Is All I'Ve Known. , Amy Kerswell
- 48. When Womanhood Dies In The Necropolis Of.. , Shashikant Nishant Sharma
- 49. Promising New Year! ! ! ! , Tiku akp
- 50. War , DAVID GERARDINO
New Rape Poems
- Flaws In The Laws, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Truth Is Always Known, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Sanctity Of Marriage, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Hey! I Am Pretty Dame... Always Surround.., sadashivan nair
- Stop Rape Now!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Does A Woman Deserve A Rape?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rape, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- I Saw Israel Committing Rape In Gaza, alexander opicho
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- carpe diem