Why are you going away?
Is it because of something I did?
Or a mistake I made.
Daddy don’t go,
Please don’t leave me alone,
What will mama say?
When she would see you like this?
Drunk, beaten, accepting
For something you didn’t do?
Oh daddy, please don’t go,
I’ll be good; I will never bother you,
And if you wish,
I would do all chores too……………
But even when I plea this much,
Hurt I am inside me,
My small eyes awash with tears,
Ones you don’t wipe away,
My small heart is terrified,
Oh daddy! Why did you lie?
Let me paint those rosy forever’s,
Of you and me,
When you knew
Someday they would break,
In millions of tiny pieces,
Of my cherished dream,
Oh daddy, I would forget,
I once loved you,
I would castrate my heart
For beating for your affection,
I guess it’s all then
Before your dreams,
My love never stood a chance,
Its goodbye dad,
Look I am not crying,
I am not even mad,
It’s all just sad,
When my heart breaks,
“Goodbye kiddo” you say,
And without watching back,
You walk away.
Four years have passed away
A Bugati stops at the door of orphanage,
A man walks out,
With rich, successful gait,
Asks for something
He had lost so long ago,
They take him to a place,
A city of crosses,
Where people remain buried inside,
Below the cross,
Beneath the snow,
The man kneels,
He breaks down,
He can’t even cry,
Can’t even try,
And a voice rings,
Inside his head,
A deep buried poison sings,
“Hello daddy, we meet again,
Look here how it’s all changed,
It’s all the destinies we made,
So you are alive,
And pardon me,
I am dead”,
The man sits there all day,
Gazing at the headstone
And evening comes,
The Bugati races far away……………………….
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
so i woke up in night and penned it down, and slept like baby afterwards.
when i woke up, i gave my daddy quite a hug.
Comments about this poem (Irony by Lucifera Santez )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)