M.D Dinesh Nair
IF YOU REFUSE MY FLOWER..
A flower will bloom
In my small garden
On my plant too one day
And I shall offer
The very first one
To you, my dear.
My flower will have many petals,
Its colour will be that turns
You envious of my garden
And its fragrance will traverse
Beyond your stretches.
It is certain.
But if you refuse my flower
What shall I do?
I am pondering over it...
Even after you reject my flower
You will perhaps visit
My garden that is on a knoll with
Its plants creeping unto the sky.
And on your visit, I am afraid
You will nip many a bud at once.
My flower will then frown at me.
Then I shall cry unto the skies
Till the stars invite me
To send my flower to them for ever.
If you refuse my flower,
It will smile from the skies...
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF YOU REFUSE MY FLOWER.. by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(23 November 1920 - 20 April 1970)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 7, 1943)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- A Brief History of Abstract Art, Paul Hartal
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...