If you only knew.. (edited version by: Peter Mamara)
If you only knew, that I would die if I lose you.
If you only knew, that I accept all the pain you bring to me.
It is the cost of protecting you, not to get hurt.
If you only knew that when you believe
That my heart doesn’t beat for you —
And my tears for being afraid of losing you would not overflow —
It is like one might believe
That God did not make the entire Universe.
If you only knew, how many times
I've fought with my heart
And I put pressure on it so much to let you go.
But it always answered back: 'No.'
If, you only knew I'm trying to make sure
That your amazing smile would always shine like the Eiffel Tower,
In which case, it makes the sadness of your smile: mean.
If you only knew, that I was interested in you
Not for any other reason
— Except for your eyes, in which I found the real me.
If you only knew I've never been upset
— When you chose someone else instead of me.
Nor am I jealous that she was more precious to you than I could be.
But I just hope that if you decide to sell your heart to the highest bidder:
You won’t take into account my sacrifice.
If you only knew,
That my heart is in love with your heart and with your soul,
Maybe you would think to let her know how much injury she causes me.
Aya Nasr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
from the special words that told about this poem:
'If only the lovers knew....
What one's indifference
Causes to the other,
There would be so less tears to fall!
So less pain, so less heartbreak,
And the world would be with so much love,
Comfort and congeniality! ' -Khairul Ahsan.
Comments about this poem (If you only knew.. (edited version by: Peter Mamara) by Aya Nasr )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman