If you only knew.. (edited version by: Peter Mamara)
If you only knew, that I would die if I lose you.
If you only knew, that I accept all the pain you bring to me.
It is the cost of protecting you, not to get hurt.
If you only knew that when you believe
That my heart doesn’t beat for you —
And my tears for being afraid of losing you would not overflow —
It is like one might believe
That God did not make the entire Universe.
If you only knew, how many times
I've fought with my heart
And I put pressure on it so much to let you go.
But it always answered back: 'No.'
If, you only knew I'm trying to make sure
That your amazing smile would always shine like the Eiffel Tower,
In which case, it makes the sadness of your smile: mean.
If you only knew, that I was interested in you
Not for any other reason
— Except for your eyes, in which I found the real me.
If you only knew I've never been upset
— When you chose someone else instead of me.
Nor am I jealous that she was more precious to you than I could be.
But I just hope that if you decide to sell your heart to the highest bidder:
You won’t take into account my sacrifice.
If you only knew,
That my heart is in love with your heart and with your soul,
Maybe you would think to let her know how much injury she causes me.
Aya Nasr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
from the special words that told about this poem:
'If only the lovers knew....
What one's indifference
Causes to the other,
There would be so less tears to fall!
So less pain, so less heartbreak,
And the world would be with so much love,
Comfort and congeniality! ' -Khairul Ahsan.
Comments about this poem (If you only knew.. (edited version by: Peter Mamara) by Aya Nasr )
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealthy China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
- Blinding Trust, Nick Kler
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson