I Shall Wake You Up
Every time I come to your door to wake you up
I go back disheartened (O my Princess, you lie
Unconscious in deep intoxicating slumber;
No sign of life; no flare of consciousness).
What a sleep you enjoy in touch of silver wand!
What enchanter lulled you to this slumber and when?
None can unbind this intricate snare of sleep;
So the prince continues his hapless journey onward.
O captive lady, you lie in demon's hands
Helpless like the earth (life is but death to you,
You can't sing the song of a carefree life),
The magic-spell hangs heavy on you
You lost your cheerful life on the slippery road to blunder
(The death of your soul hastens this poisonous cancer).
[Translated by Abdur Rashid Khan]
Farrukh Ahmad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Shall Wake You Up by Farrukh Ahmad )
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam