I refuse to suffer!
Do not make the cross ready
on the gallows of sufferings,
The soul is unwilling to bear any agonizing pain
not even ready to surrender
the last fertile seed of life;
In the pitch dark some stars glow,
after the last storm
the first bud is ready to bloom,
Life's lil fountain keeps some flow
though in the phase of still-birth,
Some sparks are tingling bright inside,
Some forgotten desires still exist,
Some shreds of joy are still not dead,
Let not hope extinguish clean
See! The sun resurrecting
after the dark crucifixion of the last long night
followed by a bounteous downpour of Blessings Divine
for sure, when He does not forget
to nourish the slightest visible vein in the leaf
of some forgotten tree
How can I be left deserted?
I lay my hand
on string of desires and beads of prayers...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I refuse to suffer! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
All's right with the world!
Comments about this poem (I refuse to suffer! by Shahzia Batool )
- when i inhaled you, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander