I refuse to suffer!
Do not make the cross ready
on the gallows of sufferings,
The soul is unwilling to bear any agonizing pain
not even ready to surrender
the last fertile seed of life;
In the pitch dark some stars glow,
after the last storm
the first bud is ready to bloom,
Life's lil fountain keeps some flow
though in the phase of still-birth,
Some sparks are tingling bright inside,
Some forgotten desires still exist,
Some shreds of joy are still not dead,
Let not hope extinguish clean
See! The sun resurrecting
after the dark crucifixion of the last long night
followed by a bounteous downpour of Blessings Divine
for sure, when He does not forget
to nourish the slightest visible vein in the leaf
of some forgotten tree
How can I be left deserted?
I lay my hand
on string of desires and beads of prayers...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I refuse to suffer! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
All's right with the world!
Comments about this poem (I refuse to suffer! by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty