I'm Proud To Call You Father
Lord, have I told you lately how proud I am to call you Father.
You have been there for me so many times in my life.
I am so ecstatically proud to be your adopted daughter.
When I thought I was at my life’s end of the rope.
You removed all my personal strife.
You filled my life with new visions and dreams.
You gave a wounded, broken spirit hope.
When I lost my daughter, father and mother,
You filled my home with children bringing laughter.
You lifted me to new heights, where my gift beams.
Where my soul gleams,
You taught me how to face trials and personal losses teaching me how to cope.
You gave me joy unspeakable, where I was bursting at the seams.
When I think about your abounding love that stretches far across the skies,
I want my praise hands to rise.
I want all earth and creation to celebrate in Praise.
That reaches the Heavenly skies.
Where every soul of Creation will look into God’s eyes,
And will be accountable for being wicked or wise.
By no surprise!
Eternal life is the grand prize.
I am so proud to call you my Father.
The Father of all Fathers!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'm Proud To Call You Father by Patricia Kelley )
- My address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah
- Your Party, Dog goD 8Hate