I'm thinking Heaven
I'm Thinking Heaven
I cannot help but think about Heaven.
It seems these days go by so fast.
Then before I know it another has past.
Then there are those friends that come real close.
I cannot stick up my nose.
Thinking that it couldn't happen to me, because it could,
What if I got sick with the flu, I could!
What if I got a horrible infection, I could!
What if someone was real mean to me, and did, what! They could!
Oh, no, then I would die.
This is no lie.
I could go to Heaven.
It's better than a lucky seven.
There aren't people there waiting to get even.
I'm thinking Heaven!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'm thinking Heaven by Patricia Kelley )
- Cupcake capers, Roann Mendriq
- Dschamila, Edward Kofi Louis
- Scattered dreams, gajanan mishra
- The Glow on the Outback Hill, David Lewis Paget
- God's Kind of Poetry, Diane Hine
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- By The Corner, Abby Bilan
- COPLA 109 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Poet as a life(SLIM JAY), Prince Lartey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)