I'm thinking Heaven
I'm Thinking Heaven
I cannot help but think about Heaven.
It seems these days go by so fast.
Then before I know it another has past.
Then there are those friends that come real close.
I cannot stick up my nose.
Thinking that it couldn't happen to me, because it could,
What if I got sick with the flu, I could!
What if I got a horrible infection, I could!
What if someone was real mean to me, and did, what! They could!
Oh, no, then I would die.
This is no lie.
I could go to Heaven.
It's better than a lucky seven.
There aren't people there waiting to get even.
I'm thinking Heaven!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'm thinking Heaven by Patricia Kelley )
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mind's Highway, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- While The World Is Asleep, Kewayne Wadley
- Songs For Harmony By Stephen Gill, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Aleksandra, Thomas Bates
- Contained Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's The Noise, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Gumsum Gumsum, Akhtar Jawad
- Workmates?, Over The Moon
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)