Understanding the Holy Spirit
When you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior,
The Holy Spirit is deposited inside of you.
This is the same spirit that heals you.
But, you have to feed this spirit with the word of God.
If you let this spirit go unattended it grows weak.
The Holy Spirit only reaches its peak.
When, you stay in tune with the spirit feeding it with the word of God.
Just as you feed a baby milk,
The spirit inside of you has to be fed with food.
This needs to be understood.
Or you will go through life never feeling renewed.
Some people do not realize their full potential.
Or their exponential,
Growth through the Holy Spirit,
That has no limits.
We can only strengthen the Holy Spirit inside of us by reading and hearing the word of God.
Colossians 2: 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight
To see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Understanding the Holy Spirit by Patricia Kelley )
- Late-night Lullaby, Ismim Putera
- A PRELUDE (To December), Vinaya Joseph
- Lucien, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ghazal - Qyamat Ho Gai Hay, Bano Ali
- Stand Up Witness Your Dream, Fatima Nusairat
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)