Understanding the Holy Spirit
When you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior,
The Holy Spirit is deposited inside of you.
This is the same spirit that heals you.
But, you have to feed this spirit with the word of God.
If you let this spirit go unattended it grows weak.
The Holy Spirit only reaches its peak.
When, you stay in tune with the spirit feeding it with the word of God.
Just as you feed a baby milk,
The spirit inside of you has to be fed with food.
This needs to be understood.
Or you will go through life never feeling renewed.
Some people do not realize their full potential.
Or their exponential,
Growth through the Holy Spirit,
That has no limits.
We can only strengthen the Holy Spirit inside of us by reading and hearing the word of God.
Colossians 2: 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight
To see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Understanding the Holy Spirit by Patricia Kelley )
- Undercurrents, Michael Mira
- ~True Love ~, Aftab Alam
- A Country on Its Knees, mai venn
- Uncontrollable Poet, Erato
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)