I'm Not A Poet
I can't get
you write with my blood.
It flies above my head.
I'm a nincompoop,
who pretends to be
a poet but not actually,
as you are all.My eyes
are closed, I'm flying.
Any time I may fall.
Once a famous poet
advised me to send
my poems to him
to give them good flavor,
as I'm multilingual,
I may not know the
language, I mean English well.
I couldn't do that.
Val assured me with
her kind words
and getting enthused
I wrote many poems.
Now I think,
were they poetry?
The ups and downs,
few love and
fill my eyes
I declare I'm
not a poet but a fool,
as if he is a poet,
but fails to catch
the feelings of his
friends and goes on
stooping emotion from
the withered hearts!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Not A Poet by Neela Nath )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- Goodbye dream, Marilyn Jean
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nineteen Years Since Your Passing, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- Life and Death, Rimni chakravarty
- No living is in vain, gajanan mishra
- Insomniac's, Is It Poetry
- Chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Many a bride dreams of this night., Sandra Lynn