I'm Not A Poet
I can't get
you write with my blood.
It flies above my head.
I'm a nincompoop,
who pretends to be
a poet but not actually,
as you are all.My eyes
are closed, I'm flying.
Any time I may fall.
Once a famous poet
advised me to send
my poems to him
to give them good flavor,
as I'm multilingual,
I may not know the
language, I mean English well.
I couldn't do that.
Val assured me with
her kind words
and getting enthused
I wrote many poems.
Now I think,
were they poetry?
The ups and downs,
few love and
fill my eyes
I declare I'm
not a poet but a fool,
as if he is a poet,
but fails to catch
the feelings of his
friends and goes on
stooping emotion from
the withered hearts!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Not A Poet by Neela Nath )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar