I Dreamt I Danced With You
Last night I dreamt I danced with you -
We Waltzed between the stars
Then Quickstepped through the asteroids
Passed Jupiter and Mars.
I wore a gown of crimson silk
And you a waistcoat bright -
Glittering ‘cross the star-filled dome
We danced through all the night.
With eyes that met and cheek-to-cheek
Enfolded in your arms -
Your hand upon my slender waist
Enraptured by your charms.
We Samba’d in the twilight hours
Together with such grace -
On clouds of ether floating high
We Tango’d on through space.
Then falling down to earth again
We Cha-Cha’d round the moon -
And as the music filled the void
I felt our bodies swoon.
Last night I dreamt I danced with you
But now the dream has gone
Yet in my heart the memory
Shall linger on and on.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Dreamt I Danced With You by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher