I Dreamt I Danced With You
Last night I dreamt I danced with you -
We Waltzed between the stars
Then Quickstepped through the asteroids
Passed Jupiter and Mars.
I wore a gown of crimson silk
And you a waistcoat bright -
Glittering ‘cross the star-filled dome
We danced through all the night.
With eyes that met and cheek-to-cheek
Enfolded in your arms -
Your hand upon my slender waist
Enraptured by your charms.
We Samba’d in the twilight hours
Together with such grace -
On clouds of ether floating high
We Tango’d on through space.
Then falling down to earth again
We Cha-Cha’d round the moon -
And as the music filled the void
I felt our bodies swoon.
Last night I dreamt I danced with you
But now the dream has gone
Yet in my heart the memory
Shall linger on and on.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Dreamt I Danced With You by Valerie Dohren )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cognac, Larisa Rzhepishevska
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Exist, Rohit Sapra
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra