I Dreamt I Danced With You
Last night I dreamt I danced with you -
We Waltzed between the stars
Then Quickstepped through the asteroids
Passed Jupiter and Mars.
I wore a gown of crimson silk
And you a waistcoat bright -
Glittering ‘cross the star-filled dome
We danced through all the night.
With eyes that met and cheek-to-cheek
Enfolded in your arms -
Your hand upon my slender waist
Enraptured by your charms.
We Samba’d in the twilight hours
Together with such grace -
On clouds of ether floating high
We Tango’d on through space.
Then falling down to earth again
We Cha-Cha’d round the moon -
And as the music filled the void
I felt our bodies swoon.
Last night I dreamt I danced with you
But now the dream has gone
Yet in my heart the memory
Shall linger on and on.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Dreamt I Danced With You by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Private Obsession, Electric Lady
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby for the doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey