I Dreamt I Danced With You
Last night I dreamt I danced with you -
We Waltzed between the stars
Then Quickstepped through the asteroids
Passed Jupiter and Mars.
I wore a gown of crimson silk
And you a waistcoat bright -
Glittering ‘cross the star-filled dome
We danced through all the night.
With eyes that met and cheek-to-cheek
Enfolded in your arms -
Your hand upon my slender waist
Enraptured by your charms.
We Samba’d in the twilight hours
Together with such grace -
On clouds of ether floating high
We Tango’d on through space.
Then falling down to earth again
We Cha-Cha’d round the moon -
And as the music filled the void
I felt our bodies swoon.
Last night I dreamt I danced with you
But now the dream has gone
Yet in my heart the memory
Shall linger on and on.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Dreamt I Danced With You by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- sterilization process of our modern system, Anthony Cavuoti
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns