I Dreamt I Danced With You
Last night I dreamt I danced with you -
We Waltzed between the stars
Then Quickstepped through the asteroids
Passed Jupiter and Mars.
I wore a gown of crimson silk
And you a waistcoat bright -
Glittering ‘cross the star-filled dome
We danced through all the night.
With eyes that met and cheek-to-cheek
Enfolded in your arms -
Your hand upon my slender waist
Enraptured by your charms.
We Samba’d in the twilight hours
Together with such grace -
On clouds of ether floating high
We Tango’d on through space.
Then falling down to earth again
We Cha-Cha’d round the moon -
And as the music filled the void
I felt our bodies swoon.
Last night I dreamt I danced with you
But now the dream has gone
Yet in my heart the memory
Shall linger on and on.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Dreamt I Danced With You by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Fear's Embrace, michael walkerjohn
- A Good Song, tolu ogundare
- The People Worry, michael walkerjohn
- Light Lost, michael walkerjohn
- Reflecting, Josh Terpening
- Word Shadows, michael walkerjohn
- Blockbuster, Lev Brekhman
- Uncertain feeling, Lev Brekhman
- Intricacies of perception, Lev Brekhman
- Brainwash, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Frederick George Scott
(7 April 1861 – 19 January 1944)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)