I Dont Have A Gun
Guns are a man’s best friend I suppose -
Would just give you what you need instead of crying a hose.
Talk to me woman when you are not a lady.
I’ll see you one last time before my hands are no more shaky.
A man may never know his time well enough,
Some carry a thought some share a laugh.
Despair and Hope shall die hand in hand
Oh, what a relief!
And if it happens to be that the letter never ends,
It would mean I had been called on again by my friends.
Beloved sharpshooters but their range is far too short and
So they fall by inches from your feet and the mission aborts.
Of all the things said and all that are never,
A man may never know the justice of a river.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Dont Have A Gun by Debanjan Dhar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth
- Odia Poem- BAPA, Jitendra seth
- Every Writer's Tale, Hebert Logerie
- At this time, hasmukh amathalal