Futile bonding know their fate
So all that matters is the end.
Answers hidden but not sought for
May surface but reasons would not.
On a cold day, in a damp room,
In a corner you’ll find a locked chest.
The key to the chest may be buried
Or burnt down or fed to the birds
On a howling night you remain deaf,
Eyebrow clouds twist and frown.
Wise night touches your warm forehead,
The howling stops so you may sleep.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Night by Debanjan Dhar )
- A SOULMATE IS A MIRROR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- This life is like a bubble, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A MORNING IN AMERICA, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A LESSON LEARNED, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A Lady named Suzae, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A Dog Named Martini, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- 2 Words, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- OPRAH DOES NOT REGECT JESUS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Writing (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- Robin Williams Tribute, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)