Futile bonding know their fate
So all that matters is the end.
Answers hidden but not sought for
May surface but reasons would not.
On a cold day, in a damp room,
In a corner you’ll find a locked chest.
The key to the chest may be buried
Or burnt down or fed to the birds
On a howling night you remain deaf,
Eyebrow clouds twist and frown.
Wise night touches your warm forehead,
The howling stops so you may sleep.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Night by Debanjan Dhar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Earth's surface, gajanan mishra
- Lost, Tiku akp
- The Spider and the Spray Can Man, Donal Mahoney
- Your Emerald Eyes, Francie Lynch
- The Truth Is Not Blind, Wilfred Mellers
- Intuition, Violet Winters
- Thirteen, gajanan mishra
- Writer's Block, Violet Winters
- Overnight Bag, Violet Winters
- Change the Channel, Violet Winters