Oh, Rope Lady, can you see me through all the nascent contemplation?
Your eyes are closed yet you see so much more
in this service to obligation.
I loved a deceit and followed it to the woods but returned pining for more
Yet the corpse of love remained fragrant,
Demon dogs guard it from flies.
As you climb down slowly from clouds, I can see your honest scars
Oh, Rope Lady, my deviant Lord, do I know what courage
is and what is fear?
The hangman’s rope supports the hanged but the damned must hope for the shade
Of the Fruit Tree you promise as a mother of a sinner
And gently for to fade away.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rope Lady by Debanjan Dhar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman