No one was home
It was in a Saturday afternoon that everything seemed to rhyme
As if all seasons had come back to their birth time.
A piano man played a trick from the back of the hedge,
The sun fed flower caught his act but listened to his pledge.
A river played along with the afternoon merry.
So did a white and blue china vessel with a blueberry.
A blue bird may have perched on the sill but no one knew
For the piano man had fled and the door mouse was in pursue.
No one was home when the golden chrome had made love to the walls.
The lazy crazy kitten goofed around with a brave heart butterfly.
A young leaf with its yellow soul prayed she shouldn’t die.
So a cocky crow threw a blessing to the kitty
And the soaring butterfly flaunted her wings’ nitty-gritty.
A crumb of bread the piano man had given the crow
Had saved a butterfly in its earthly flow.
Saturday afternoon smiled and the seasons tumbled at play.
Look for the bangles in a hand on the palm of which a raindrop lay.
No one was home when the golden chrome had made love to the walls
Oh china vessel would you breakdown when the drawing room doors open?
Would you be startled blue bird if your sill is again hope stricken?
Why flower child did you make the piano man run away?
I was hoping to kiss your roots but you sent me astray.
Oh why, No one was home when the golden chrome had made love to the walls!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No one was home by Debanjan Dhar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Spring Rhyme, Luo Zhihai
- Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- Sweet Goodnight, Michael P. McParland
- Sweet Dreams Sweet Love, Michael P. McParland
- Sweet Dreams My Lady Fair, Michael P. McParland
- The Urinal, Doyen Lingua
- Striking Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Staying Power, Michael P. McParland
- Stars Of Love (Dreaming Of You), Michael P. McParland
- Splendid, Michael P. McParland