No one was home
It was in a Saturday afternoon that everything seemed to rhyme
As if all seasons had come back to their birth time.
A piano man played a trick from the back of the hedge,
The sun fed flower caught his act but listened to his pledge.
A river played along with the afternoon merry.
So did a white and blue china vessel with a blueberry.
A blue bird may have perched on the sill but no one knew
For the piano man had fled and the door mouse was in pursue.
No one was home when the golden chrome had made love to the walls.
The lazy crazy kitten goofed around with a brave heart butterfly.
A young leaf with its yellow soul prayed she shouldn’t die.
So a cocky crow threw a blessing to the kitty
And the soaring butterfly flaunted her wings’ nitty-gritty.
A crumb of bread the piano man had given the crow
Had saved a butterfly in its earthly flow.
Saturday afternoon smiled and the seasons tumbled at play.
Look for the bangles in a hand on the palm of which a raindrop lay.
No one was home when the golden chrome had made love to the walls
Oh china vessel would you breakdown when the drawing room doors open?
Would you be startled blue bird if your sill is again hope stricken?
Why flower child did you make the piano man run away?
I was hoping to kiss your roots but you sent me astray.
Oh why, No one was home when the golden chrome had made love to the walls!
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No one was home by Debanjan Dhar )
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)