I shall not be pushing a letter through the window.
Times are such I leave a wish wrapped in a shadow.
If your breath wills you may find it whispering by your tresses
Or hiding scared, yet longing to be found in your closet full of dresses.
It’s going to be a beautiful day until the end of time.
On such a day I put down a wish wrapped in rhyme.
I let it go so it finds you and softly pulls at your skirt.
I taught it to quietly tag along until you have a heart.
It may rain here tomorrow but it would still be your day.
The clouds they may not know of any other way
To make you look up at them when you’re busy thanking everyone.
And if it is sunny tomorrow, I will pray to the sun that you always bring the Sun
Anywhere you go.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birthday Wishes by Debanjan Dhar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska