A Beat a Stone
A beat is a stone to which a parachute is tied.
A beat is a ripple, Welcome my mermaid bride.
When the beat is done, you have tried your heart,
Cheek and tongue.
There is a beat in a light in a little packet.
There’s a purple tree on a white sheet.
Silver strings from silver streets.
All in a beat in a constant speed.
Gorillas shy in the eagle’s sky
There’s a beat in the red of the summer’s death.
Picture perfect, catch that bluff
Swing thou beat, at the off.
A light is shown on the men, who work,
Men who smirk, men who pause to miss a beat
Catch it up, later on when the music stops the gathering
For the night, for good and contentment.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beat a Stone by Debanjan Dhar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown