I Would Leave No Breadcrumbs In The Alleyway
I have been down there with you and high at least as much the eagle’s soar.
Sometimes, somewhere nowhere that guides me to you;
Sometimes like a dragon fly prancing around your toes
And at times it seemed we’re inches from a thousand ocean’s roar…
…and I ‘v been deep inside of you, so deep I could see
Nothing but your eyes that played a game with mine
And then I have kissed your thighs in a certain awkward shame
But the deeper I went I felt so strongly that I had left
Something a lot like life at your eyes and lips…
By now you know most of my stories –
The ones that are told from the view point of a fence.
I haven’t told but I would like you to know
And think that when the game was over and when everyone left
I ran into the field and dropped and rolled on the grounds.
Mamma, I’m a tiny, little, elfin bit of slow because
I’ve had an awful lot of time to do with myself.
Yes, but with every cell I have tried to be in your heart and mind and soul.
I have tried all that I have been taught…but I have never let the world’s ways back me off an inch from you.
From this junction I can’t see where the highways are.
They’re too darned high and I am not quite the hitchhiker
And so, I’m trying every alley-way that shows any promise.
This is one such alley I have fancied upon and I dare say,
I’m hopeful a lot that it would reach a dead end and I would hit
The walls of your heart that smiles at the door on the wall,
Across the ruby floor.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Would Leave No Breadcrumbs In The Alleyway by Debanjan Dhar )
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal