I Would Leave No Breadcrumbs In The Alleyway
I have been down there with you and high at least as much the eagle’s soar.
Sometimes, somewhere nowhere that guides me to you;
Sometimes like a dragon fly prancing around your toes
And at times it seemed we’re inches from a thousand ocean’s roar…
…and I ‘v been deep inside of you, so deep I could see
Nothing but your eyes that played a game with mine
And then I have kissed your thighs in a certain awkward shame
But the deeper I went I felt so strongly that I had left
Something a lot like life at your eyes and lips…
By now you know most of my stories –
The ones that are told from the view point of a fence.
I haven’t told but I would like you to know
And think that when the game was over and when everyone left
I ran into the field and dropped and rolled on the grounds.
Mamma, I’m a tiny, little, elfin bit of slow because
I’ve had an awful lot of time to do with myself.
Yes, but with every cell I have tried to be in your heart and mind and soul.
I have tried all that I have been taught…but I have never let the world’s ways back me off an inch from you.
From this junction I can’t see where the highways are.
They’re too darned high and I am not quite the hitchhiker
And so, I’m trying every alley-way that shows any promise.
This is one such alley I have fancied upon and I dare say,
I’m hopeful a lot that it would reach a dead end and I would hit
The walls of your heart that smiles at the door on the wall,
Across the ruby floor.
Debanjan Dhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Would Leave No Breadcrumbs In The Alleyway by Debanjan Dhar )
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe