I Didn't Try to Run Lord
I didn't try to run Lord,
I didn't want to hide.
I didn't realize I hoard,
I didn't know I lied.
My heart was rotting in my chest,
But You came so I could be blessed,
My mind was dying in my skull.
You wanted my life to be full.
Now I struggle with control,
Slipping further into the hole.
Please teach my faith to soar,
A relationship with You restore.
I want my focus to be on You,
Not the miracles I see You do.
I still want to fall in love,
With a beautiful patient dove.
I want my faith in You to last,
Not shatter like broken glass.
I want to be called Your friend,
And my will to Yours wholly bend.
I am Your servant,
Imperfect, yet fervent.
I will follow You,
And do as You do.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Didn't Try to Run Lord by Andrew Hinton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Acceptable Efforts, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love so Tender Love so Mild~~~, Monk E. Biz
- On Light, Jack Dikian
- Am I Alone, Lore Me34
- "Twist these Big Tits Purple", Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -66, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stories Are Created, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- When Fresh Fish Fails, Richard Thripp
- center, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -65, Ronjoy Brahma