I Didn't Try to Run Lord
I didn't try to run Lord,
I didn't want to hide.
I didn't realize I hoard,
I didn't know I lied.
My heart was rotting in my chest,
But You came so I could be blessed,
My mind was dying in my skull.
You wanted my life to be full.
Now I struggle with control,
Slipping further into the hole.
Please teach my faith to soar,
A relationship with You restore.
I want my focus to be on You,
Not the miracles I see You do.
I still want to fall in love,
With a beautiful patient dove.
I want my faith in You to last,
Not shatter like broken glass.
I want to be called Your friend,
And my will to Yours wholly bend.
I am Your servant,
Imperfect, yet fervent.
I will follow You,
And do as You do.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Didn't Try to Run Lord by Andrew Hinton )
- पापा, sushant jha
- पापा, sushant jha
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)