I Didn't Try to Run Lord
I didn't try to run Lord,
I didn't want to hide.
I didn't realize I hoard,
I didn't know I lied.
My heart was rotting in my chest,
But You came so I could be blessed,
My mind was dying in my skull.
You wanted my life to be full.
Now I struggle with control,
Slipping further into the hole.
Please teach my faith to soar,
A relationship with You restore.
I want my focus to be on You,
Not the miracles I see You do.
I still want to fall in love,
With a beautiful patient dove.
I want my faith in You to last,
Not shatter like broken glass.
I want to be called Your friend,
And my will to Yours wholly bend.
I am Your servant,
Imperfect, yet fervent.
I will follow You,
And do as You do.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Didn't Try to Run Lord by Andrew Hinton )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(march 12 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Fish, Elizabeth Bishop
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong
- No One Could Ever Understand, Thabang Rakimane
- You made me evil, Yisel Chong