I Didn't Try to Run Lord
I didn't try to run Lord,
I didn't want to hide.
I didn't realize I hoard,
I didn't know I lied.
My heart was rotting in my chest,
But You came so I could be blessed,
My mind was dying in my skull.
You wanted my life to be full.
Now I struggle with control,
Slipping further into the hole.
Please teach my faith to soar,
A relationship with You restore.
I want my focus to be on You,
Not the miracles I see You do.
I still want to fall in love,
With a beautiful patient dove.
I want my faith in You to last,
Not shatter like broken glass.
I want to be called Your friend,
And my will to Yours wholly bend.
I am Your servant,
Imperfect, yet fervent.
I will follow You,
And do as You do.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Didn't Try to Run Lord by Andrew Hinton )
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
- Shining later, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Liffy Liu
- Merciful and kind, hasmukh amathalal
- Achilles Awaking, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)