Why does music move the soul,
And temporarily make us whole?
What is it about the vibration of air,
That draws us from darkness’ lair?
How does it bolster our being,
And keep our time from fleeing?
I think these questions though,
Are misdirected very so.
It is not why, or what, or how too,
Because music is not a thing, but a who.
She’ll take your hand and dance,
Opening your heart to sweet romance.
If your crushed she’ll take your hand,
And give you strength to stand.
Music is a gift from God,
Gentle guiding and healing of His rod.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Music by Andrew Hinton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Look up or down, hasmukh amathalal
- Igor, Von Kimball Barney
- Does He Think Of Me, Brianna Kimball
- Live the life king size, hasmukh amathalal
- Tropic Interlude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Bear and the Crow, Stephen Katona
- Still exist, hasmukh amathalal
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul