Let Me Know It Is I You Will Miss
Feel the pressure pushing in from all around,
The grip of cold water as it begins to surround.
See your dreams float like pockets of air,
Things you wish you had strength to dare.
Away they rise, leaving you to your demise.
Dragged towards the bottom in a bitter lie,
Sinking alone and waiting to die.
The realization you are not as good,
And some one will take the place
Of where you once stood,
As tears run down my face.
What do I have to give that you desire?
What adventures light your fire?
You'll say you still love me for who I am,
But compared to others I am a lamb.
And they are wild and full of life,
You wouldn't want to be my wife.
I am tired and shattered,
I will only leave you battered.
Fly free, and leave me be.
Let me sink to the bottom of this abyss.
Just let me know it is I you will miss.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let Me Know It Is I You Will Miss by Andrew Hinton )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.