Hidden In My Heart.
Do you see,
the world as I?
Oh how I wish to know...
That sky is blue.
And grass is green?
That music soothes,
Our hardened hearts.
Even the moon I see-
from my back door.
Has been viewed
once earlier before?
I don't ask- That you
see my world
Thru my eyes alone...
But that you see,
the world in beauty
and in honest truth...
The moon sits
in my window now...
Calling to my name.
It peeks between
the giant pines-
Tempting me to believe...
That moons were meant to offer
A token from afar.
like bottles thrown
with dreams inside their hearts...
In search of that great promise -
I wonder if,
You see the stars- as they dance across the sky?
Offering their little diamond face
to all who brave the night.
Who look upon the vast unknown-
Who dare to call -out loud...
And maybe once or twice believe-
I wondered once,
Where I left my heart?
Out in fields of my beloved France...
I wondered if it
Thrives still among the blue of flowers.
Long gone to my sight...
If it felt the sting,
to be troddened down in fields
Of lavender and grapes...
Of soft swept ocean winds,
Upon the meadow calling.
'CHILD- come back...
You've wandered way too far from home...'
I picked the one
'Forget me not'
But never did it bloom...
It simply lingers,
In my Heart...
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hidden In My Heart. by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
- Awake, Michael McParland
- Rescue the Poor Eves!, Dr John Celes
- Extend hand at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Benhardi Dicka
- Canoeing, Doyen Lingua
- Like child, hasmukh amathalal
- Her Saturday Ritual, Arno Le Roux
- Loving Across Seasons, Arno Le Roux
- I wish to be earthen lamp, Aftab Alam
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)