Hidden In My Heart.
Do you see,
the world as I?
Oh how I wish to know...
That sky is blue.
And grass is green?
That music soothes,
Our hardened hearts.
Even the moon I see-
from my back door.
Has been viewed
once earlier before?
I don't ask- That you
see my world
Thru my eyes alone...
But that you see,
the world in beauty
and in honest truth...
The moon sits
in my window now...
Calling to my name.
It peeks between
the giant pines-
Tempting me to believe...
That moons were meant to offer
A token from afar.
like bottles thrown
with dreams inside their hearts...
In search of that great promise -
I wonder if,
You see the stars- as they dance across the sky?
Offering their little diamond face
to all who brave the night.
Who look upon the vast unknown-
Who dare to call -out loud...
And maybe once or twice believe-
I wondered once,
Where I left my heart?
Out in fields of my beloved France...
I wondered if it
Thrives still among the blue of flowers.
Long gone to my sight...
If it felt the sting,
to be troddened down in fields
Of lavender and grapes...
Of soft swept ocean winds,
Upon the meadow calling.
'CHILD- come back...
You've wandered way too far from home...'
I picked the one
'Forget me not'
But never did it bloom...
It simply lingers,
In my Heart...
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hidden In My Heart. by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Truly Love you, Michael P. McParland
- Hand on Stomach, Mae AC.
- I Still Read.........For Sandra Feldman, Michael P. McParland
- Slouches, Mae AC.
- My Keyboard Gentely Weeps, Michael P. McParland
- My Gift, Michael P. McParland
- Raises Eyebrows, Mae AC.
- My Friend Mee Too, Michael P. McParland
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael P. McParland
- My Angel, Michael P. McParland