I'll Not Forget You, Augustin Gasrel
I hold in my hand,
My most prized possession.
Names which have no faces...
Names from places...
I may never go-
like faces, I will never see.
Far from my world,
Is an empire.
Made from the heartaches
of people pass.
Because of them.
I carry their dreams.
I carry their destiny.
as I carry their names,
I hear in the wind,
Their 'forgotten cry...'
'Don't forget us-
As time has rushed on by...'
I hold in my hand,
One who so proudly defended
His country-Only to find
Waiting for him...
Hatred and bitterness.
Killers- for sure.
To not allow one
To exist for who they simply are.
I can't imagine-
just how you felt,
Walking thru the 'gate'.
You'ld never know,
the sweet smell
of fresh air, and fragrant meadows...
Seeing so many others
Who would also wait,
And In my book,
Your name, Auguste, as you so like to be called...
And in my heart,
I don't understand - why? ? ?
Some people feel it -
To take away-
Yours and mine...
To my cousin Augustin Gasrel who perished at Auschwitz
1 Oct- 1942
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'll Not Forget You, Augustin Gasrel by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
- Bridegroom to His Bride, Frank Avon
- What Is Life?, Abhishek Dubey
- Useless exercise, hasmukh amathalal
- Never letting, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
- A Wrenched Knee, Jeff Gangwer
- Leader, Paul Sebastian
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Like the Touch of Rain, Edward Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)