I'll Not Forget You, Augustin Gasrel
I hold in my hand,
My most prized possession.
Names which have no faces...
Names from places...
I may never go-
like faces, I will never see.
Far from my world,
Is an empire.
Made from the heartaches
of people pass.
Because of them.
I carry their dreams.
I carry their destiny.
as I carry their names,
I hear in the wind,
Their 'forgotten cry...'
'Don't forget us-
As time has rushed on by...'
I hold in my hand,
One who so proudly defended
His country-Only to find
Waiting for him...
Hatred and bitterness.
Killers- for sure.
To not allow one
To exist for who they simply are.
I can't imagine-
just how you felt,
Walking thru the 'gate'.
You'ld never know,
the sweet smell
of fresh air, and fragrant meadows...
Seeing so many others
Who would also wait,
And In my book,
Your name, Auguste, as you so like to be called...
And in my heart,
I don't understand - why? ? ?
Some people feel it -
To take away-
Yours and mine...
To my cousin Augustin Gasrel who perished at Auschwitz
1 Oct- 1942
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'll Not Forget You, Augustin Gasrel by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)