I'll Not Forget You, Augustin Gasrel
I hold in my hand,
My most prized possession.
Names which have no faces...
Names from places...
I may never go-
like faces, I will never see.
Far from my world,
Is an empire.
Made from the heartaches
of people pass.
Because of them.
I carry their dreams.
I carry their destiny.
as I carry their names,
I hear in the wind,
Their 'forgotten cry...'
'Don't forget us-
As time has rushed on by...'
I hold in my hand,
One who so proudly defended
His country-Only to find
Waiting for him...
Hatred and bitterness.
Killers- for sure.
To not allow one
To exist for who they simply are.
I can't imagine-
just how you felt,
Walking thru the 'gate'.
You'ld never know,
the sweet smell
of fresh air, and fragrant meadows...
Seeing so many others
Who would also wait,
And In my book,
Your name, Auguste, as you so like to be called...
And in my heart,
I don't understand - why? ? ?
Some people feel it -
To take away-
Yours and mine...
To my cousin Augustin Gasrel who perished at Auschwitz
1 Oct- 1942
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'll Not Forget You, Augustin Gasrel by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
James Weldon Johnson
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv
- A Tale of Two Handicapped Handyman, Tushar Ray
- Whispers Of Canal-Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- She Walks In Beauty, Luo Zhihai
- Is God both Interventionist and non-inte.., Merton Lee
- Fitina Mai Sand'a, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro