Michael Philips Poems
- Bad Art I set off a stink bomb At the art opening of bad ...
- Golf Pro There are two types of people: Those who play ...
- Cowboys I want someone to invent a coffee table book ...
- Aunt Rita She made a scene at the wedding Wearing a black ...
- No More Communists To Kick Aro...
- The One True Religion I. Researchers say Mormons have ...
- Colleagues Who Die Colleagues who die kept in my ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I set off a stink bomb
At the art opening of bad art.
It was funny how everyone started
Looking around as if they
Would somehow be able to see the smell.
People began fanning their faces
With their programs and an Asian
Woman actually held her nose.
When they discovered I was the culprit
They roughly escorted me out
Of the gallery and the owner told me what I
Did was adolescent and stupid.
I said the smell was only bad
In his subjective mind – who’s to say what’s
A good smell and what’s a bad smell? But
He had already gone
Back inside to help ...