I set off a stink bomb
At the art opening of bad art.
It was funny how everyone started
Looking around as if they
Would somehow be able to see the smell.
People began fanning their faces
With their programs and an Asian
Woman actually held her nose.
When they discovered I was the culprit
They roughly escorted me out
Of the gallery and the owner told me what I
Did was adolescent and stupid.
I said the smell was only bad
In his subjective mind – who’s to say what’s
A good smell and what’s a bad smell? But
He had already gone
Back inside to help air out the
Gallery, which was my intention all along.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bad Art by Michael Philips )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass
- Leaves Of The Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak