Brittany by the Sea
For the pearl handled brush.
As he reaches behind her,
Pulling pins from her hair...
And softly caresses
Each lock as it falls.
The burnish red glow,
tells him soundly,
His lady is fair...
Up in the tower,
With no ear to hear,
This moment will shed no tears.
The future holds no promise.
Always stands before us.
Yet for this moment,
Is their eternity.
As the waves thrash the shore,
The seagulls softly calls.
In search of their evening meal.
The castle stands firmly.
And secrets keep quiet-
In their walls...
To his vision of beauty,
He vows it his duty,
Her time to be adored...
Tonight, they lie on rosepetals.
But then comes the morning,
And he'll slip away,
Off to war...
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brittany by the Sea by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar