Brittany by the Sea
For the pearl handled brush.
As he reaches behind her,
Pulling pins from her hair...
And softly caresses
Each lock as it falls.
The burnish red glow,
tells him soundly,
His lady is fair...
Up in the tower,
With no ear to hear,
This moment will shed no tears.
The future holds no promise.
Always stands before us.
Yet for this moment,
Is their eternity.
As the waves thrash the shore,
The seagulls softly calls.
In search of their evening meal.
The castle stands firmly.
And secrets keep quiet-
In their walls...
To his vision of beauty,
He vows it his duty,
Her time to be adored...
Tonight, they lie on rosepetals.
But then comes the morning,
And he'll slip away,
Off to war...
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brittany by the Sea by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- If I Can, John Ugolo Umah
- End Begins, Philo Yan
- What Was The Gift?, John Ugolo Umah
- What It is In My Karma, Dharma? (My Unse.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Just Flow In Love ~~~ ~~~ ~~~, LUVinThe NOW
- Wish I Could Come With You!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Superstitions., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आंबो सासे राजा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Miss Coal Beauty/ Coal Black Diamond Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE LAST SCENE المشهد الاخير, MOHAMMAD SKATI