A wondrous event,
For the young and old,
The ghosts are anything but spent,
The spiders weave orange and black striped webs with mold,
The werewolves bloody fangs glinting,
As they sang to the moon.
With children screaming in fear and horror.
Out in the Darkness,
Deep into the night
Jack-o-Lanterns coming to life,
Dangling skeletons showing decayed, yellow teeth,
Ghosts brushing children’s arms,
And poisonous cobwebs wrapping their way into human’s hair.
All of Halloween.
Bloody canines on delicate necks,
“Who’s”? You ask,
A bat’s, a dog’s, a cat’s?
None of that,
But a Human.
Headless Horsemen searching for lifeless skulls,
Phantom Stallions growing restless with anger, invisible,
And charging anyone in sight,
Witches mixing potions in cauldrons to turn children into wolves,
Vampires desperately hungry for blood,
And ghosts ready to take another Human’s body.
That’s not all.
Dark at night,
Sneak into the woods,
Searching for Human skulls
To play volleyball with.
Halloween. The wondrous event.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Halloween by Cassandra Jasmine )
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
- Particle Of Breath, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x5, Ronjoy Brahma
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
- (समनि नायथाय) गुफुर उखुन्दैनि खुवाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alien Encounter, Robert Eckstein
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns