A meadow, wind blowing gently.
Grass bending, swaying, and bending again.
Sun, sinking low into the soft-colored sky.
And bright, radiant colors fill the one blue meadow.
Racing antelope, slow to a gentle lope.
Mice, digging deep into burrows, nibble grass.
Crickets start their nighttime symphony.
And as for me, I start my night song.
Soft breeze, caressing my hair,
Bare feet padding on soft grass,
Young pups frolic within a fern grove,
And starts twinkle in the sky, winking.
I finish my made-up nocturne,
I let my dogs out to enjoy the moonlight with me.
As I bed them down, and owl rustles past.
Another night, another dream.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Night! by Cassandra Jasmine )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Serenity Is Placed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shards Of Emotion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT IF CHRIST WAS NOT, Michael P. Johnson
- Another Conquest, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fraction Of A Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Will this swing ever stop?, Desikan Srinivasan
- About Purgatory..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR