A meadow, wind blowing gently.
Grass bending, swaying, and bending again.
Sun, sinking low into the soft-colored sky.
And bright, radiant colors fill the one blue meadow.
Racing antelope, slow to a gentle lope.
Mice, digging deep into burrows, nibble grass.
Crickets start their nighttime symphony.
And as for me, I start my night song.
Soft breeze, caressing my hair,
Bare feet padding on soft grass,
Young pups frolic within a fern grove,
And starts twinkle in the sky, winking.
I finish my made-up nocturne,
I let my dogs out to enjoy the moonlight with me.
As I bed them down, and owl rustles past.
Another night, another dream.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Night! by Cassandra Jasmine )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak