'God Is So Creative.' - My Wife Said.....[God; Creation of creatures; God? ]
Have you ever discussed alligators
while lying in bed with your mate?
(The Mama covers eggs with dirt and stuff,
and the eggs then incubate.)
And have you looked at the eyes of flies
with all those tiny shiny parts,
or smelled the perfume smells of roses,
or the smell of donkey farts?
And what of all the human varieties
of behavior and body form?
It's enough to cause a genius's brain
to form a mighty mental storm.
Some say God created it all somehow,
and that God is all knowing too.
Was it, then, supernatural handiwork
which gave us gardens and the zoo?
Did God just supply all the ingredients,
and Mother Nature did the rest?
Some life forms seem so practical to me;
others seem to have been made in jest!
Does God not actually exist at all? ....?
But no genius is this poet;
I don't care how life forms came to be,
and I plan to never know it.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('God Is So Creative.' - My Wife Said.....[God; Creation of creatures; God? ] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Not Yet, I Am Krakatoa
- दङ आंहा सिमां, Ronjoy Brahma
- He Was Who He Was, Frieda Risvold
- CPI(M) Comrades & Cadres, The Muscle-men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The CPI(M) Only Knows Its Men, Only See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- नोँनि थाखायनो आं मेगन मोदै जानांबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- Many Third-class Men As University Teach.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas
- So Many Things, Neela Nath
- Summer Rhapsody in Blue Raspberry Circa .., mary douglas