'God Is So Creative.' - My Wife Said.....[God; Creation of creatures; God? ]
Have you ever discussed alligators
while lying in bed with your mate?
(The Mama covers eggs with dirt and stuff,
and the eggs then incubate.)
And have you looked at the eyes of flies
with all those tiny shiny parts,
or smelled the perfume smells of roses,
or the smell of donkey farts?
And what of all the human varieties
of behavior and body form?
It's enough to cause a genius's brain
to form a mighty mental storm.
Some say God created it all somehow,
and that God is all knowing too.
Was it, then, supernatural handiwork
which gave us gardens and the zoo?
Did God just supply all the ingredients,
and Mother Nature did the rest?
Some life forms seem so practical to me;
others seem to have been made in jest!
Does God not actually exist at all? ....?
But no genius is this poet;
I don't care how life forms came to be,
and I plan to never know it.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('God Is So Creative.' - My Wife Said.....[God; Creation of creatures; God? ] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Really Can't…, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)