Flight of the Macaws
Today I feel like flying
past the highest high.
Swoop down, turn around
and be back to my dwelling place.
Today is a new day, tomorrow is too.
Come on, lets fly wherever we want.
All of us, now we are united.
Scarlet, Spix, come on let's go!
Through the Amazon, until we get tired.
Forgiveness was always an issue for me.
Has been, is, and always will be.
Today I am free.
I'll fly from sea to shining sea.
My red requirements have been fulfilled.
And to them I say sorry.
Sorry sorry sorry.
I ask for new roots.
Turning over soil.
As united we stand, divided we fall.
Tonight we celebrate the flight
of the Macaws.
Tonight I am free.
Tonight I shall fly.
Rebbecca Peninsulari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flight of the Macaws by Rebbecca Peninsulari )
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer