Each day I watch the rising sun
Each night, the glowing moon
All time lays heavy on my mind
For you are gone too soon, too soon,
For you are gone too soon.
I count the days that pass on by
Which mark the changing time
But yet I cling to memories
Which tell me you were mine, were mine,
Which tell me you were mine.
It hurts to think that you are gone
When you were ever near
And now the world has lost its charm -
I loved you so my dear, my dear,
I loved you so, my dear.
Your name will rest upon my lips
For all my lifelong days
And I will hold your pictured face
As in your eyes I gaze, I gaze,
As in your eyes I gaze.
Remember me, remember me
If e’er your soul can know -
Down here beneath the shattered sky
I shall not let you go, oh no,
I shall not let you go.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Each Day by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister