Dust of Gold
It never came as dancing flames
To set my heart on fire,
Nor did it come as stormy seas
That filled me with desire.
There was no pounding in my breast,
No tingling down my spine;
But just a sweet exchange of smiles,
Which told me you were mine.
Nor did the moon extend her glow
Upon your countenance -
No stars did ever light your eyes;
Enough that you should glance.
Such passion never touched my soul
That taunts the craving mind;
But just a tenderness within,
I deemed I’d never find.
You did not veil my eyes with mist,
Nor take my breath away.
Just sweet contentment stole my heart;
Now with you, I shall stay.
It came, a shimm’ring dust of gold
Upon my soul to fall -
Transported on a floating cloud,
Forever to enthral.
And now through life I’ll ever walk
With you here by my side -
Forever I will cherish you,
My love and life-long guide.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dust of Gold by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sufferings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MacDeath - From Zombie Apocalypse Poems .., Matthew Lawler
- No where, hasmukh amathalal
- Don't Cover Your Eyes, Francie Lynch
- I am your mind, gajanan mishra
- What is Fall?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Holy relation, hasmukh amathalal
- Echo Within, vikram adhikari
- What a Dream it was, mohamed Alpha Ba
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)