Dust of Gold
It never came as dancing flames
To set my heart on fire,
Nor did it come as stormy seas
That filled me with desire.
There was no pounding in my breast,
No tingling down my spine;
But just a sweet exchange of smiles,
Which told me you were mine.
Nor did the moon extend her glow
Upon your countenance -
No stars did ever light your eyes;
Enough that you should glance.
Such passion never touched my soul
That taunts the craving mind;
But just a tenderness within,
I deemed I’d never find.
You did not veil my eyes with mist,
Nor take my breath away.
Just sweet contentment stole my heart;
Now with you, I shall stay.
It came, a shimm’ring dust of gold
Upon my soul to fall -
Transported on a floating cloud,
Forever to enthral.
And now through life I’ll ever walk
With you here by my side -
Forever I will cherish you,
My love and life-long guide.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dust of Gold by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Smith of Words, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Past IT' is, george albot
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney
- Till Twilight at Jamia Millia, Riyaz Yamish
- Night Life, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah
- The Soul Of My Country, Tony Adah
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery