Peace be to you all!
Just returned home after
Dropping my daughter at work.
As I sit here with my laptop, am wondering,
What a great bondage I have developed with you!
So many of you
Have moved me by your
Heart touching poems, and
Your messages, that left me pensive
After I had read them. Helped me discover
The meanings of life, that were hitherto unknown to me.
Thank you, dear poets,
For sharing your wisdom, your love,
Your understanding, your compassion,
Your language, your culture, your beliefs,
Your pristine feelings collected from the depth
Of your hearts. I've been enormously enriched by you all.
Here I've read many poems,
That were written 7/8 years ago,
Or even earlier. I wonder if all the poets
Whose works here I've loved so passionately,
Are still alive. Some of them may not be, though
It's just a guess. Their works will remain ever alive, I surmise.
Will someone still read my poems,
Or re-read some old ones, when I'll be
No more here to add a fresh one regularly?
For how long will my poems, the mute speeches
Of my sensitive heart, remain here? Will one find in my
Poems, something to relate to one's own life and experience? I wonder!
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
24 February 2014
Comments about this poem (Dear Poets by Khairul Ahsan )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey