No doubt one of my favourite games,
Is none other than cricket,
I like the high emotions when,
There is a six or a wicket.
When it's a close match,
We bite our nails,
When our team wins,
Our players we appreciate.
Cricket is the best game far and wide,
I am sure that I am right.
We spend all our pounds and pence,
To see sixes and fours racing to the fence.
ODIs are interesting,
Ticket sellers are few,
And people who want ODI tickets,
Have a long, long queue.
Cricket is the best,
Forget the rest,
And the chosen few,
Are the men in blue.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cricket by Varun Sivashankar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- After Meeting A Foreigner Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- At Last A Rose, Electric Lady
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra