My Brother's Excuses
My brother hates to study,
To avoid it he'll find a way,
If you force and make him study,
This is what he'll say.
"My head is really hurting,
My stomach's got a pain,
My ear is hearing things too loud,
And my brain has got a sprain.
"My nails are burning; they're cut too short,
And my leg has started to bleed,
I think I have a high temperature,
Some medicines are what I need."
An hour past, his studying time's over,
And he's quite healthy again,
His illnesses and sprains and pains,
Are totally fake, that's plain!
Varun Sivashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Brother's Excuses by Varun Sivashankar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poem to Some of My Recent Poems, James Tate
- Life is too Short for Love, Akhtar Jawad
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady