My Brother's Excuses
My brother hates to study,
To avoid it he'll find a way,
If you force and make him study,
This is what he'll say.
"My head is really hurting,
My stomach's got a pain,
My ear is hearing things too loud,
And my brain has got a sprain.
"My nails are burning; they're cut too short,
And my leg has started to bleed,
I think I have a high temperature,
Some medicines are what I need."
An hour past, his studying time's over,
And he's quite healthy again,
His illnesses and sprains and pains,
Are totally fake, that's plain!
Varun Sivashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Brother's Excuses by Varun Sivashankar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck
- EIDIA العيدية (MONEY GIVEN BY PARENTS TO.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Valentine, mary douglas
- GOD'S GLORY, Tom Zart
- Even After Us, Naveed Akram
- companions, paul bamberger