My Brother's Excuses
My brother hates to study,
To avoid it he'll find a way,
If you force and make him study,
This is what he'll say.
"My head is really hurting,
My stomach's got a pain,
My ear is hearing things too loud,
And my brain has got a sprain.
"My nails are burning; they're cut too short,
And my leg has started to bleed,
I think I have a high temperature,
Some medicines are what I need."
An hour past, his studying time's over,
And he's quite healthy again,
His illnesses and sprains and pains,
Are totally fake, that's plain!
Varun Sivashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Brother's Excuses by Varun Sivashankar )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal