My Adventures In The Sea
On the sandy beach I lay,
When the waves came to take me away.
For an adventure the waves took me,
Into the vast depths of the deep sea.
Lost among the fishes so gay,
I felt like I was there to stay.
Fishes moving here and there,
Sea-creatures swimming everywhere.
Large sharks looking for prey,
Little fishes swimming away.
And I saw (you won't believe this) ,
About a hundred octopus.
As I wandered here and there,
A pair of eyes at me did stare.
A giant creature was going to eat me up,
I would be gone in half a gulp!
"Oh God! " I cried. "For Heaven's sake,
I don't want to end up on a Blue Whale's plate! "
The crime that I had committed to it woe betide,
That had landed me inside a whale's inside.
But I was thin and I was wiry,
This helped save me from this adventure so ghastly.
I was saved, I was out,
I escaped through the Blue Whale's spout!
The foamy waves now took me,
To the safe coast of the blue sea.
I hope now that people like me,
Will think twice before going to sea.
Varun Sivashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Adventures In The Sea by Varun Sivashankar )
- Religion's Devils, Naveed Akram
- My Son Ali, kassem oude
- Hit Music, Michael McParland
- Mind, Soul and Spirit, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)