My Adventures In The Sea
On the sandy beach I lay,
When the waves came to take me away.
For an adventure the waves took me,
Into the vast depths of the deep sea.
Lost among the fishes so gay,
I felt like I was there to stay.
Fishes moving here and there,
Sea-creatures swimming everywhere.
Large sharks looking for prey,
Little fishes swimming away.
And I saw (you won't believe this) ,
About a hundred octopus.
As I wandered here and there,
A pair of eyes at me did stare.
A giant creature was going to eat me up,
I would be gone in half a gulp!
"Oh God! " I cried. "For Heaven's sake,
I don't want to end up on a Blue Whale's plate! "
The crime that I had committed to it woe betide,
That had landed me inside a whale's inside.
But I was thin and I was wiry,
This helped save me from this adventure so ghastly.
I was saved, I was out,
I escaped through the Blue Whale's spout!
The foamy waves now took me,
To the safe coast of the blue sea.
I hope now that people like me,
Will think twice before going to sea.
Varun Sivashankar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Adventures In The Sea by Varun Sivashankar )
- Doing Time, Betsy Sholl
- ordeal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Innovative way, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku- Connotation, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)