I walk the steps,
The spring blooms
Over the horizon
I sit down
Remembering this town
Tears flow down
No one’s here to ease my frown.
I’m so alone
It’s so sad
I’ve no one for me
Good or bad.
I’m getting old
Need something to rely on
So I search for you
For your love song.
Did we love here?
In this place,
Was it eons ago
When we made the mess?
I look at sky
Against velvety black
In a beautiful line.
It’s a silent plea
Please come back to me
I am getting old
Need you with me.
Please be home
Honey come to me
Kiss my pain away
Oh please love me……….
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Cherished Hope by Lucifera Santez )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Cantus lacrimosus, Angell Afinowi
- Rest My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Life's like a compote of the desserts, Mark Heathcote
- I fade away into the light, Anu Shraddha
- Neo-Classic Tasweer/Hindi/Urdu, Aftab Alam
- The awkward Moment, Angell Afinowi
- Loo Prints, Phil Soar
- Listen, Mariam de Haan
- Walking home Afterwards, Angell Afinowi
- Who has killed me brutally?, Aftab Alam