They will tear us apart,
Rip us to shreds,
Feed the wolves our hearts.
They are afraid of our love,
They want to kill it as soon as they can,
They don’t want you to be my woman,
Nor me your man.
For them its transgression,
More grave than the serpents,
They are keen to blow us apart,
Burn your love, to kill your heart.
How much do you want to see?
When will you understand?
All I want is you,
And everything you need is me.
I gave you a promise once,
When under the window,
We first kissed,
To cherish you, to love you,
And only you,
To give you eternal bliss.
I ask you to run away,
Let them whisper, let them say,
That Romeo was a coward fool,
For him Juliet was just a tool.
I don’t care if they vilify me,
‘Cause it’s only you that matters,
I never had high hopes from them,
So it doesn’t hurt,
When illusion of comfort shatters.
Please come love,
Don’t you tarry much?
You are just feeling the pangs,
The guilt of going against their wishes.
But you don’t want to go Juliet,
You run, away from me,
Towards the place we left,
Retracting your steps to the worn out paths,
Fumbling, panting for breaths.
I watch from afar,
As the shouts start,
In my grief ridden state,
Nothing is clear to my heart.
The glow of flames lick the spire,
Surrounding the place,
Forming a nest,
And with it rises your soul,
Stretching its wing
Reaching for the heavens,
They have eternally torn us apart with hate,
And fake tears cling to their lashes,
As they hear screams of a burning Juliet………………
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Burning Juliet by Lucifera Santez )
- The Doctor Visit, Harold R Hunt Sr
- postponed until further -hey, i just not.., Mandolyn ...
- The elusive self., michael walker
- We Honor, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Why Do You Cry?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- read me like this, or don't read me at all, Mandolyn ...
- Love's Philosophical Potion, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Two Sisters, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Two Thumbs Up., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley