All the pleasantries of this day
I shall never be able to explain.
For mere words are non-existent as to
what in my memory will remain.
I have my wonderful husband to thank
and my son too.
They understood what this meant to me
and endured every minute through
a time in my past that has presented itself
to help me understand
that who I am is a soul on this earth
trying to understand God's plan.
If only for a few moments the plan God had for me
became so very clear that in my heart
silently, I knew that I'd been blessed
in the past and in the present
and I don't understand the why?
But that is not important to me.
All that matters is this,
that I am a soul in the universe
and will never, ever die.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blessings by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Question, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Deciet?, Michael P. McParland
- He is on earth, hasmukh amathalal
- Death And Destruction, Michael P. McParland
- The Solution, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Death death death, gajanan mishra
- Season Of Great Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- He Is a Virgin, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Days, Michael P. McParland
- She Found Home, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Early Learning, Denis Martindale