All the pleasantries of this day
I shall never be able to explain.
For mere words are non-existent as to
what in my memory will remain.
I have my wonderful husband to thank
and my son too.
They understood what this meant to me
and endured every minute through
a time in my past that has presented itself
to help me understand
that who I am is a soul on this earth
trying to understand God's plan.
If only for a few moments the plan God had for me
became so very clear that in my heart
silently, I knew that I'd been blessed
in the past and in the present
and I don't understand the why?
But that is not important to me.
All that matters is this,
that I am a soul in the universe
and will never, ever die.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blessings by Edwina Reizer )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver