All the pleasantries of this day
I shall never be able to explain.
For mere words are non-existent as to
what in my memory will remain.
I have my wonderful husband to thank
and my son too.
They understood what this meant to me
and endured every minute through
a time in my past that has presented itself
to help me understand
that who I am is a soul on this earth
trying to understand God's plan.
If only for a few moments the plan God had for me
became so very clear that in my heart
silently, I knew that I'd been blessed
in the past and in the present
and I don't understand the why?
But that is not important to me.
All that matters is this,
that I am a soul in the universe
and will never, ever die.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blessings by Edwina Reizer )
- Watching The Snow fall, Lilly Emery
- My Pitiful Life, Lilly Emery
- Flowers For The Resting Beds, Lilly Emery
- I look among the weeds, Lilly Emery
- My Bleeding Heart, Lilly Emery
- Every Night I Write About You, Lilly Emery
- Love Taken Me By The Hand, Lilly Emery
- change in the air, Is It Poetry
- Angel Fingers, Saiom Shriver
- Not Far Off: A New Beginning, M.J Donnchadh
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)