The magic of Divinity I bring with me
from the lands of beyond.
With the blessings of the Gods,
I arrive …
softly on the wings of the angels.
I bring the infinity of the spaces,
the depths of the earths,
the colors of the heavens.
silently I enter your lives.
I draw from the strength of my father,
the love of my mother
and the heritage of my progenitors.
for you to nurture and cherish me.
I surrender my life to you
place my trust into your loving hands.
Wrapped in my innocence I carry with me the wisdom of the ages,
for I too shall teach you
unconditional love, forgiveness, sacrifice and patience.
With the threads of your love and
the guiding Hand of the Eternal One
I shall ride the waves of life.
Anita Sehgal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baby's Melody by Anita Sehgal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Insanity 2, Daimon Bagley
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland