Back to the Source
Like a Deer madly driven with desire
seeking its own musk..
Through the labyrinths of lives..
I sought myself in others
Void within sucked outside energies..
My mirror caught vivid reflections in myriad colors
How could I be so opposite..?
Till one day the mirror shattered
In the darkness.. with no reflections..
I caught sight of myself..
A light self effulgent, steadfast and strong..
filled my very being..
A journey forward ….
Going back a million miles beyond time and space.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Back to the Source by Anita Sehgal )
- Reeza, Oh Reeza! ! !, Tito Ezra Zantsi
- The poetry touches, hasmukh amathalal
- Smart enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Coexistence, hasmukh amathalal
- Internet Trolls, Is It Poetry
- Isolation, Arno Le Roux
- Gramps Is Still Nuts about Granny, Donal Mahoney
- A SCARE COMES BACK, Satish Verma
- End of harvest, Nassy Fesharaki
- IT IS NATURE OF ALL MOTHERS, alexander opicho
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)