A full circle
The parched ground
with wounds as wide as craters,
stared at the relentless, harsh blue.
Leafless, huge trees exposed their skeletons.
Stunted shrubs clustered seeking succor in proximity.
Carcasses strewn all around,
Bodies dragged themselves helplessly.
The sea beat listlessly on the hot sandy shores.
To whom do they plead for mercy?
There was nothing left which could even appeal.
And then …. when all was done
a cluster of dark black ominous clouds
gathered in the distant horizon.
An army to conquer the dead.
None left to rejoice.
Slowly, they marched forward
Lightning flashed, clouds roared.
Beating the drums to mark their arrival.
A first few drops fell on the earth's face.
She licked her lips in disbelief.
The sea suddenly gathered courage to rise and heave.
Unseen life scrambled out of crevices and ran helter skelter.
Lifeless till now the birds chirped faintly.
The branches opened their hearts to receive this manna from heaven.
.... And destruction gave way to creation,
….. completing a full circle.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A full circle by Anita Sehgal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- When you look at me, The Princess
- Regularly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abominable, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kicking The Down And Out, Terence G. Craddock
- Wau Bulan Wau Bintang, Ismim Putera
- A Planet Of The Step-Mother, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Message Of Peace, Muhammad Shanazar
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar
- To Unite All, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Chaste Woman's Death, Nalini Chaturvedi