Are You Just Another Dream
Have you faded into another day,
only to linger with the night
where a thousand dancing dreams
kiss your brow.
I think daily of your smile,
imagine it's depth touching green eyes
as upon my eager mouth
your stare hungrily remains.
Towards each night I stumble,
barely managing to steady my feet
as they quickly - too quickly-
run into tomorrow.
You can never rush fate,
it's pace breathes by it's own beat,
and what we get, we know
we were always meant to gain.
So - with this in mind, I sleep,
as dancing dreams lean
towards my sun wearied brow
and administer their kiss.
Viola Grey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You Just Another Dream by Viola Grey )
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ngiyindodana yakwa Zulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper
- The Truth Are From The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer