Sonya Florentino Poems
- # # Bastard Son's Story I stand before you Father, but you ...
- # # A Sudden Turn (With Haiku...
- # # # The Scream (Inspired By...
- # # Meet Me By The River (The ...
- # # Enigma (On The Poet Ms. P...
- # # Give A Child (My First Se... Give a child a ...
- # Cheshire Smile (with apologies to Leonardo da Vinci) ...
I write poems, I've also written a couple of songs,
I write mainly as a form of therapy, in order to understand myself, and hopefully life. Writing poems came to me late (but never too late!) I hardly read poems before (found them intimidating) but I'm slowly learning to love reading and writing poems. My first love is music but poetry is becoming a close ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
# # Bastard Son's Story
I stand before you Father,
but you refuse to see
Oh dear Father, have I fallen from the tree
of your good grace, our last embrace
now a memory
Oh Father, have you forgotten me
I kneel before you Father
But you do not feel
Oh dear Father, have you forsaken me
I am your flesh and blood
Dear Father, look at me!
I am your ill-begotten history
© 2009 Sonya Florentino